1. Parkinson interviewing Don McCullin, photographer and war photographer extraordinaire. I was very young, and allowed by rather farsighted parents to stay up late to watch this. I also remember Parkinson being interviewed years later and identifying his interview with McCullin as one of the most significant of his career.
2. Olga Korbut's floor routine at the 1972 Munich Olympics. She started an overnight craze for red woollen hair ties, and gymnastics of course.
3. The 1980 Iranian embassy seige, when the British public first heard of Kate Adie. And the SAS too.
4. The unknown man who brought a column of tanks to a standstill in Tiananmen Square in 1989.
5. The closing ceremony of the 2000 Sydney Olympics. Priscilla, Queen of the Desert meets stuffy Olympic traditions, and triumphs. And Kylie was never better.
Other great TV moments are listed here.