Translate

Friday, October 26, 2007

No Seriously, The Telegraph Is A Broadsheet

Picture the scene. It's just before 5 on Friday afternoon, and I'm sitting at my pc composing a Friday Five (thank you She Who Influences for the whole concept), when I make the mistake of flicking onto the Daily Telegraph website for today's headlines. Now, I buy the Telegraph on a Saturday morning for the gardening section. And the magazine. And the weekend section. Ok I buy the damned thing really for the hatch, match and dispatch. Anyway. Back to today's front page. Now be quick, or you'll miss it.
It's the news story on the left hand side, under the lead article about Iran's warning "Of a "decisive strike" if US attacks; International tensions rise after Washington imposes unilateral sanctions on Teheran." Yes, I passed over this lead article in order to read about "Man attempted sex with bike." It's not a bit rude, it just beggers belief. And as if that wasn't bad enough, it appears that, "He is not the first man to be convicted of a sexual offence involving an inanimate object. An electrician was jailed for having sex with pavements in Redditch, Worcestershire in 1993."
I can't quite believe I've read this on the front page of a broadsheet. What is going on with the British?