Translate

Friday, February 01, 2008

Friday Five: What Are You Eating This Week?

I have been following Fiona and Danny's experiment with "buying less," for a while now. Actually, I didn't really understand it; both working, she shops at Waitrose, gorgeous garden, how difficult can life be? Then I open an email at work this morning that made everything she and Danny are attempting to do, perfect sense. So here are the pictures, a Friday Five of sorts (I know there are 9 pictures, but whose counting?), and a perfect preparation for Lent, which begins next week.

Germany: The Melander family of Bargteheide. Food expenditure for one week: 375.39 Euros or $500.07United States: The Revis family of North Carolina. Food expenditure for one week $341.98

Italy: The Manzo family of Sicily Food expenditure for one week: 214.36 Euros or $260.11

Mexico: The Casales family of Cuernavaca. Food expenditure for one week: 1,862.78 MPesos or $189.09 . Poland: The Sobczynscy family of Konstancin-Jeziorna. Food expenditure for one week: 582.48 Zlotys or $151.27

Egypt: The Ahmed family of Cairo. Food expenditure for one week: 387.85 EPounds or $68.53

Ecuador: The Ayme family of Tingo. Food expenditure for one week: $31.55

Bhutan: The Namgay family of Shingkhey Village. Food expenditure for one week: 224.93 ngultrum or $5.03Chad: The Aboubakar family of Breidjing Camp. Food expenditure for one week: 685 CFAFrancs or $1.23

What am I eating this week?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came upon your posting in the early morning hours and was very moved by it's message.It seems that the ones who had the least spent less and probably ate healthier, unprocessed food.Those at the top ate the most junk food plus look at all those containers, I sure hope they recycle!!
I hope you enjoyed your lie in.I shall return.
Susan

Anonymous said...

These photos tell a very strong story, don't they.

Let's try to share more during this Lent.

Amalee Issa said...

Thank you both for stopping by. Your photos are enchanting, and I'm lucky to have discovered your blogs via your comments, so thank you. I'm dithering whether to give up "time" and go to mass each day in Lent, or to give up meat. I'd enjoy the first so hardly a hardship, and the second would, I believe, kill me.

Amalee

Jan said...

It is good to see these again. I always need reminding.

R.L. Bourges said...

what a lovely blog. And I find it amusing that you posted the "What am I eating this week" feature: I had done the same in October when our local paper did a feature on it here in France.
(I came from John Eaton's blog, followed your link back to your place; will come visiting again, definitely.)

Amalee Issa said...

And I found all of you through each other's and others' blogs. Don't you just love this world wide web?

Amalee