Translate

Saturday, May 01, 2010

May Day 2010

I left the windows ajar overnight and as planned woke with the dawn chorus. Still dark, and my bed so cosy and warm, I lay listening to the calling up of the day. I won't be able to hug and kiss merci beaucoup enfant deux tonight, as she returns to uni this morning. I'd like to say we loaded up the car last night, but quite frankly the day mercy boo gets her act together isn't yet upon us. I lay in the dark listening to the birdsong and thought about the last month. I love the Easter vac; the pressure of summer exams pretty much immediately upon return to uni tends to preoccupy undergrads. After Easter Monday revision filled mercy boo's days, and coupled with a few early nights during the week meant I saw her most of the time. Heavenly.
We'd planned to both be up at 6am, to clear her room and load up the car. We'd done the "uni shop" at Sainsbury's on Thursday, so at least one item could be ticked off the list. She won't starve. We could both afford a bit of a lie-in this morning.

No comments: