Translate

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Quod Erat Demonstrandum

What makes women so perfect is that we are always right.  And because I'm a woman, I'm always right (except when I'm kidding myself, of course.)  In August last year, Hilary Clinton announced the Middle East peace talks... Yeah right, another round of US inspired peace talks going nowhere, as many people thought.
 

At that time, as YOU well remember, I correctly stated that Hilary may be leading, but Senator George Mitchell would be in the wings, working his magic.  For all Irish and Ulster people, Sen. George Mitchell holds a dear and special place in our hearts.  He brought us hope, and helped us bring forth our future.  I advised you throw your weight behind the Peace Process.  You went off in a strop... nothing new there then.


But I was right.  Of course.  Another step forward, another step towards peace.  I think all Irish and Ulster men and women agree that without David Ervine, there would have been no Good Friday Agreement, because he led loyalists to the table.  Great courage, great commitment, great far-sighted vision.


"I believe there’s no such thing as a conflict that can’t be ended. They’re created and sustained by human beings. They can be ended by human beings. No matter how ancient the conflict, no matter how hateful, no matter how hurtful, peace can prevail."  Sen. George Mitchell.

The Arab Spring continues to blossom, fingers crossed.

No comments: