Translate

Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday Five: Sound Track To My Day

1. Brian Eno: An Ending (Ascent)
I woke before six this morning, padded downstairs to make tea, and while the kettle was boiling put this on the speakers. It's from "28 Days Later." Both Beloved Firstborn and Merci Beaucoup Enfant Deux saw the sequel last week. My nerves are still in tatters from the 2002 version, so I didn't go. This track eased me into my morning beautifully. Find it at radioblogclub.com. Like the very best of (chilled) Euphoria, sound track for my nineties/noughties.
2. Sugarbabes: Push The Button
School run with Merci Beaucoup Enfant Deux, then back to drop Beloved Firstborn to work, then back home to my deliciously empty and very tidy house; early rising always feels so good. I love to listen to music whilst driving, my shoulders keeping pace with the racket threatening to blow up the speakers. Sometimes we do the actions to YMCA when it's on, especially if we're on the long, empty stretches over the mountains. If we have Motown on, Merci Beacoup Enfant Deux and I mimic holding mics as we sing along. Find it here.
3. Paul Potts, Britain's Got Talent winner: Nessun Dorma
Mid-morning and ploughing through emails and finalising commissions, and listening to my favs on YouTube.com. I like this one, especially for the reaction of Simon Cowell when the guy begins to sing; derision then amazement then kerching-kerching, right there moving across his face. His eyes tell you he's hooked. Brilliant. And Paul Potts went on to win, of course!
4. Ronan Keating: When You Say Nothing At All
Mid-afternoon and the rain has settled in for the duration. I'm on the pc and sifting through CDs and DVDs. Whilst Kevin Costner will always be number 1, I'd still like to have Gibbs on the side. There's something about a military man...
5. Bruce Springsteen: Born In The USA
The Boss needs no introduction, except to say this was playing on Planet Rock as the parental taxi service delivered Beloved Firstborn into ChesVegas for an evening out with the lads and collected Merci Beaucoup Enfant Deux and best friend Jodie the Waif from the cinema for an evening in with the girls. As it should be.
The sound track to my day. Shared with you.

1 comment:

April said...

Great list. I think I'm going to start using your Friday Fives instead. They're much cooler.