Translate

Friday, July 13, 2007

Summer Gardening Thus Far

May and June passed by in a blur juggling exam timetables, households, parental taxi services, interviews for summer vac jobs; even the odd bit of gardening tucked in amongst that lot. Normandy was Normandy; shopping at Cora, walking on beaches looking at the waves, searching for shells and other beach treasures, "Eating cheese and drinking wine." Then the persistent rains through June and into July really delayed horticultural progress. Consulting my gardening diaries, I think I'm about six weeks out of kilter. Mind you, I can't expect to incorporate hugely disruptive public and uni exams and work schedules into my gardening year and not let something drift. So rather than look back at the end of the season and say, this was the season I didn't finish this, that and the other, I shall look back and say that was this was the season I moved mountains! Here are some beach shots;


No comments: