Translate

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

On Pumpkins And The End Of An Obsession

My obsession with buying wooden kitchen chairs has come to an end.  At precisely 8.30am on Bank Holiday Monday, I realised that I just couldn't be bothered hoking and poking around in all those little straight bits and pieces and the arching backs with a little paintbrush. It's taken me roughly 25 minutes per coat, per chair; three different paintbrushes for the three colours (I can't be bothered to wash and dry brushes between colours); a six hour wait between coats with three paintbrushes wrapped in clingfilm (I can't be bothered to wash and dry brushes between coats); and a visit from an odd neighbour (let's call him Santa's Little Munchkin) who insisted on chatting to me whilst I finished off the second coats.  That I had my back to him for most of his visit was rudeness itself on my part, for which I was punished when I finally stood up and turned around to see him absent-mindedly scraping dog poo off the underside of his shoe over my Moroccan mint bed.

I'm planning to invite him round for mint tea. 
Or kill him. 
I don't think that's a figure of speech; it's an actual threat to kill.

And I have nearly 200 pumpkin and squash plants to shift by next week.

No comments: